"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

~ 2nd Sunday in Advent ~


We light the 2nd candle...

This Sunday my son served as Episcopal Server for the Archbishop...so we attended Mass over at our Cathedral.

They have a beautiful shrine on display which they made for the patroness of the Americas, Our Lady of Guadalupe.  She's so lovely and the roses surrounding her were so vivid.  Her feast day is tomorrow, December 12.

I tried to take a picture from the other side of the nave (discreetly) with my phone...this is what I captured:  (wish I had a better camera, and that I had been closer - oh well.)


We arrived early, so we had the opportunity to listen to the choir warm their voices...absolutely glorious.


The Offertory Antiphon really raised one's thoughts heavenwards.
They chanted Deus tu convertens

(You will turn toward us, O God,)

This Advent Season, I am hoping to really focus on preparing my stubborn heart to receive the Infant Child, with a pure and clean heart instead of this heart of mine. 

Nativity of my childhood

My mother gave me the above nativity.  As a child, I would *play* with it...sometimes to the point that the figures would come off.  lol.  My mom must have glued those figures on a hundred times and I think she even did touch up paint on some of them.   The moss that was on the roof is no longer lush...and Joseph's staff is missing.  I don't remember her ever scolding me.  I love this nativity.

I have to stop myself from scolding Little Lamb when she wants to touch this nativity...I want to preserve it, but I remember how I loved to imagine myself in this place - and touch it I did!  It obviously survived me (and probably a few of my other six siblings).

At our Parish Advent Retreat this week, the Retreat Master said, "You don't lose your patience; it's not gone - You just need to cultivate it"  I seriously need to cultivate my patience.  :o)

Entrance Hymn:
"Behold, O Zion, God will come to save the nations of the earth.  Your hearts will quicken at the sound of his majestic, glorious voice. "  ~ J.S. Bach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Share it here...