"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Thursday, March 14, 2013

~ Sticky Business ~

When I visit my local farmer's market I like to pick up local honey...I've read it helps reduce allergy symptoms by building up the body's immunities to local allergens, therefore alleviating the symptoms.  I'm not sure if this is true, however:
1.  I like to support my local businesses.
2.  I love honey.
3.  I love honey.


I also will buy it in bulk and refill using (clean) containers.  Little Lamb has taken over this job...


It's a sweet messy job, but someone has to do it.

With all the blooms around, my eyes have begun to itch (and my nose to twitch). 
The flowers don't bother me (thank goodness!)...I think it's possibly pollen from weeds or even trees. 


I really need to invest more time reading & understanding what other natural allergy remedies that I can possibly use. 

I've read peppermint tea is helpful...and wasabi.  I love wasabi, actually, I LOVE sushi with wasabi.


Is it just Californians that suffer from allergies?  Growing up, my siblings and I never had problems...never even heard about allergies.  Then after my first pregnancy, I experienced my first allergy symptoms come Spring.   Some years the symptoms have been really bad, other years just annoying.

Hopefully you don't suffer from allergies...but if you do
What remedies do you recommend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Share it here...