"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Saturday, January 11, 2014

~ Twelve Days, One New Year ~

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~
Every Thursday at Like Mother, Like Daughter
 
{pretty}
A group of friends got together and we threw an
OLD FASHIONED NEW YEAR'S EVE CELEBRATION!
So much fun!!! 
Conductor counting down and orchestrating the balloons drop
We began the evening with Holy Mass and thanksgiving devotions.
Everyone dressed up, and brought their favorite hors d'oeuvres.
We feasted on a roasted pig; toasted in the New Year with sparkles & bubbles; learned to swing dance; and ate the most elegant and delicious cake.
We basically had a REALLY GREAT (FRIENDS & FAMILY) TIME!
 
 
 
{happy}
 
Celebrating the Twelve Days of Christmas:
the feasts between Christmas Day and the Epiphany...
Because Christmas is just too important to be confined to only one day.
 
 
{funny}
maraschino eyes...
 
{real}
 
It is time to stop indulging in all the celebratory practices and get on with my resolutions.
 
 
Go to Like Mother, Like Daughter to find more contentment...
and linking up to Catholic Bloggers Network
{Family Journal}

12 comments:

  1. Roasted pig! Wow! I love this post. I teach in a Catholic school, and I don't take down the Christmas tree in my classroom until the Monday after the Baptism of the Lord - this fascinates my students and provides many "teachable moments".
    -James Milliken http://vitafamiliariscatholica.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, James! The roasted pig was a huge success - and nothing went to waste.
      I am so glad to hear that you keep the Christmas tree in place until after the Baptism of Our Lord! Your students are blessed!

      Delete
  2. stunning blog, visually and spiritually inspiting and heartwarming

    ReplyDelete
  3. May you and your family have a Wonderfully Blessed New Year.

    Please post me a piece of roasted pig.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely; would you like the snout or the tail?

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. Roasted pig! We call that "lechon" in the Philippines, and it is served in big parties, Christmas and New Year parties included. It can be served with liver-based sauce, but that's optional.

    What a truly festive Christmas Season! You are right, Christmas is a season, not a single day. And its spirit should be in our hearts all year round.

    You changed your fonts with the New Year! Lookin' good!

    Please keep on blogging; your posts bring focus and cheer to my days :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comments, Marcia. I really appreciate your thoughts and encouragement.
      I'm intrigued about the liver-based sauce for the lechon...do you have a recipe?

      I did change the fonts. I was hesitant because (I felt) one wrong click and I could delete my cyber-journal. :o) The new year makes me want to change, re-arrange and clean things up...now I should work on my closets, desk, bedroom, garage....

      Delete
  5. I like the new font! I remember having roast pig at the wedding of a Philippina friend of mine - I can't think of anything more delicious for a feast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, hopefully the font is more legible.
    Roasted pigs are definitely delicious and very festive! Second to the cake (which a friend's daughter baked & decorated) it was a highlight.
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful and fun New Year's Eve party! And I love the Epiphany decorations as well! May you have a blessed 2014 and thank you for stopping in at my Epiphany post and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & blessed 2014 to you and yours as well...God bless!

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...