"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Saturday, February 14, 2015

AHG: My Style

Joining Like Mother, Like Daughter for some pretty, happy, funny & real family fun!

We have been busy working away at several badges during our weekly meetings.  Most recently, the girls have achieved the My Style badge.  The girls had a lot of fun while learning about modesty, accessorizing, fashion through the ages, patterns & making garments, caring for clothing, study biblical verses about how a woman should dress and present herself...there are so many unique looks & styles!

{pretty} & {happy}

FASHIONS THROUGH THE AGES 

SHOES:  Church vs Park


ACCESSORIES:  Scarves

One of our group leaders did a tremendous job leading the two meetings on My Style.  The girls were able to achieve their My Style badges!  Yay!!  

Mrs. L asked if I would give a demonstration on scarf tying.  I decided to focus on six basic styles:  The Classic Drape, The Bunny Ears, The Infinity, The Toss, The European Loop, and The Wrap.  This would give them a chance to really master the technique of tying a particular scarf and go from there.  
Practicing tying scarves, despite my crude drawings/examples

I also covered how to store scarves properly; whether hanging or boxing them, there really is a proper way to store scarves.
I hang a lot of my scarves on a scarf holder/hanger, similar to this one:
credit
But I really find it helpful to keep the scarves rolled in a box and stored like this:
Easier storing, viewing, a great space saver, and very accessible.

I have been learning my own fashion tips this new year.  I thought I might be more productive if I Dressed for Success, rather than sport the usual sweat pants & gym outfit (other than when I really do aim to get in a workout).

I found this incredible over-40s blog on G+ and have really made some changes in my daily attire.  Cyndi gives tips for women over forty on the exterior (fashion, make-up, and healthy living) as well as focusing on the interior; because as we all know, true beauty comes from within.

I followed along on her 31 days of Winter Fashion posts...combining my style with whatever I found in my closet.  I searched through my closet to find similar outfits and was really quite pleased with all the clothes that I was able to use - clothes that have not seen the light of day in years in a long time! I really never knew how many outfits I had "hidden" away!  If you need a bit of inspiration and ensemble ideas, visit Walking in Grace & Beauty.  Here are a few of my takes...(I didn't "model" my outfits because I felt a little ridiculous shy posing..ha-ha...talk about awkward).

Here are a few random picks:


{funny} & {real}






DIY Infinity Style Scarf

The same scarf styled differently with different sweater - Stripes & Dots can mix

Green Jeans I found at Costco.  Shawl stylish but more importantly - snugly warm.


Well, there you go, my style.

Go to Like Mother, Like Daughter to find more contentment...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Share it here...