"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Advent 2014: Week Three

+ Preparing our souls to receive Christ worthily +
"We should love and feel compassion for those who oppose us, since they harm themselves and do us good, and adorn us with crowns of everlasting glory."

                               -St. Anthony Zaccaria

With our parochial vicar's prompting, my son and I have been working on gifting our altar boys & acolytes, with a modest 'thank you' gift, for all the wonderful service they have given to our church.  Every year our pastor has gifted them a little treat, which they always appreciate.  


I think they will like this year's treat, as well.

Preparing for the Celebration
I woke up to find, on my desk, a wooden peg nativity set.  It was lovingly colored by my Little Lamb.  We are all looking forward to the coming of Our Lord.


A bonus was the mini-celebration of our Papa Francis ( who shares my confirmation name sake).  Son Dulce de leche was in order, as was a splash of Frangelico.  I will have to re-purpose this bottle after its contents have been used...



The Jesuscaritaest blog reinvigorated me to pull out our Ero Cras O Antiphon House; which we were inspired to make many years ago.  Even though I brought it out on time, we have not had a moment to do the readings with all the other activities going on:  from choir to ice skating to a trip to the ER...  

My children took this picture on their own, to thank me for their gift...I think they were happy with their slippers/socks.



                                             Sharing Family traditions, reflections, activities & crafts over at 
                                                                             Catholic Bloggers Advent Link up



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Share it here...