"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Saturday, February 11, 2012

EXPECTING! ...the unexpected

I was feeling pretty good about my recent weight loss...slipping into my dress as I prepared for Mass...trying on different jackets over my dress, trying to decide on the red or the blue...

In walks Little Lamb, as she often comes in to chat...

Little Lamb:  "Oh no; that makes you look like your gunna have a baby in a few months!"

Mom:  *ouch*  (LOL)

"Pain is never permanent."  ~ St. Teresa of Avila

And Furthermore...

"There is more value in a little study of humility and in a single act of it than in all the knowledge in the world."  ~ Saint Teresa of Avila

And Finally...

"Humility does not disturb or disquiet or agitate, however great it may be; it comes with peace, delight, and calm. . . . The pain of genuine humility doesn’t agitate or afflict the soul; rather, this humility expands it and enables it to serve God more."  ~ St teresa of Avila