"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

~ French Lentil Soup ~

Our Meal and Soupe du jour...I used what fresh ingredients I had and improvised some...as you will see (and as my family tasted) it turned out délicieux!  Or maybe we were all so very hungry from fasting? 

 Actually, I used one of my favorite cookbooks "Twelve Months of Monastery Soups" by Brother Victor-Antoine d'Avila-Latourrette.  Everything in this cookbook comes out delicious; a must have.

A little bit of garlic and some onion gently sauteed in olive oil.  (Again with the sidways picture) *sigh*
 The recipe didn't call for zucchini, but I threw some in (because I had some).  Fresh spinach, carrots...
...Fingerling potatoes (love them!), etc...
 oh yes, and LENTILS!

Add some cooked rice (we used brown & wild rice) to complete the meal.
Ta da!  Française Soupe aux lentilles (aka French Lentil Soup)   Our Ash Wednesday ~ Soupe du jour ~ Soup of the Day!  Worth the Wait.



Co-Hosted by:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Share it here...