"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Monday, June 30, 2014

~ Around the Home ~

I love to decorate for the Fourth of July.


We are a very patriotic family and celebrating the Fourth is always time spent with family and friends, usually with the same enthusiasm.




I fell very ill last week and have been slowly recovering.  My children, especially my Butterfly, have been nursing me back to health and taking very good care of me.  I am one, very blessed lady.


My husband gets good points, too.  He came home in the middle of the day/week to brighten up the "convalescent" room with a lovely bouquet of flowers. 

My decorating began, before I fell ill...and I am glad that I was able to get the Easter decorations down and the Fourth of July decor up before I became too sick to do anything.  
Some things old, some things new, some old things in new places.


Besides, I wanted to get things in place before the World Cup USA vs Portugal game.  We should have won that one.  Oh well.  I had both patroness set out, no surprise it ended in a tie.


Patroness of the Americas: Our Lady of Guadalupe
&
Patroness of Portugal:  Our Lady of Fatima
(Although I believe that both countries invoke The Blessed Virgin Mary - Immaculate Conception as their principle patroness).


Everyone brought lots of great dishes and we supplied some All American Hot Dogs and Portuguese Sausages...American...Portuguese...that was my husband's idea.  It was his and the teens party; I was just asked not to bring out the 'fancy' dishes and to use paper plates.  No dishes?  Why, sure.  You cook?  Oh-K.  No problema.  
We had some trimmings for the dogs & sausages and a few appetizers and snacks...and chili.  I love chili.  And I love it, even better, when someone else makes it.

Our friends baked and brought some fabulous homemade desserts...as well as a delicious store bought for two birthdays that we celebrated.  Happy 9th & 14th dear friends!
We can't forget the Red Velvet cake...


Just some things that have been happening around the home...


HAVE A BLESSED FOURTH OF JULY FOR THOSE THAT CELEBRATE 
&
A BLESSED SUMMER TO ALL!!!

Linking up to Catholic Bloggers Network:  Family Journal Edition



6 comments:

  1. Your food looks delicious! The patriotic decorations are beautiful. Have a blessed 4th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jaime. And thank you for visiting.
      Blessings!

      Delete
  2. I hope you and yours are keeping well, Hand-Maid.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Victor,
      So nice to 'hear' from you...this has been a very busy summer and I look forward to having things settle down a bit so that I can catch up on reading some of my favorite blogs and posting a few of my own.
      Thank you for checking in and look forward to visiting your blog again!

      God bless you my friend!

      Delete
  3. Hello! I've been wondering how you have been doing. I hope all is well with you and the family. God bless...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marcia! We have had a delay with starting our school (with the earthquake in Napa, CA), the older ones will be taking online courses and so orientation week has been cancelled.
      Our official start date is always on the Feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary...so we are looking forward to getting back into the familiar routing of a school schedule.
      Are you still using Kolbe curriculum? Have you begun your studies already?

      God bless you and your family!

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...