"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real: May 2016

Pentecost Bouquet in the Month of May

Joining Like Mother, Like Daughter for pretty, happy, funny and real times...
~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~


~ pretty ~

I see pretty in a lot of things...and I may be a bit biased here, but my Butterfly is pretty in so many ways.  Here she is studying for pre-calculus or physics or reading for literature or theology...while mending vestments.  Always with a smile on her pretty face.  

~ happy ~

2013

2016
Front of Explorer Vest

My Little Lamb has completed her requirements as an Explorer and will advance, to a Pioneer, in June.  She is SO happy.  I am so proud of her and all her work and accomplishments!

Back of Explorer vest
Little Lamb has gained a lot of confidence these past few years.  She is responsible and trustworthy.  She exemplifies all the virtues in the AHG creed and she fulfills the AHG oath in all parts of her life.
While on a recent pilgrimage to Lourdes, France, she stepped in as a flag bearer...without hesitation.

"I promise to love God, Cherish my family, 
Honor my country, and Serve in my community."

Order of Malta flag bearer.  Serving the malades.  

"Upholding human dignity and caring for people in need"

~ funny ~


These two are always entertaining.

~ real ~

(Top) Conductor in ER with a laceration to his finger, requiring a few stitches...he opted for the glue.  (Botton) Working as the Convention Liturgist, he served the deacon, priests, bishops and archbishop; coordinating the vestments, music, altar servers and all that it entails.

My Conductor has been working for months planning and coordinating the liturgy aspect for the Knights of Columbus California State Convention.  As the Convention Liturgist, he wasn't deterred when he ended up in the emergency room a day before the big weekend.
As always, he took things in stride and kept calm and in good spirits.
I love this guy.  He inspires me to be a better soul.

Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter to find more contentment...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Share it here...