"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Monday, October 10, 2016

One Thousand Words

A picture is worth...
One Thousand Words...and then some.


Over the summer the hens stopped laying eggs.  There are several reasons why hens stop laying in the summer.  In our area, the heat can get pretty extreme.

In early July, my daughters built a new (and improved) chicken coop and we added a few more hens to the brood.  


The moratorium on eggs has been lifted.
Happy hens, happy mama.


Are they not beautiful!?!

xo, 









7 comments:

  1. My hens have just started laying after winter and I am looking my cartons of multi-coloured eggs. Hoping to hatch some more chicks this spring too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have never hatched chicks...we raised the first brood from chicks. It would be great to hatch them.
      Love those mulit-coloured eggs! I hope you are blessed with many chicks in the spring!

      Delete
  2. Yes, they are beautiful, your daughters are amazing, and I'm glad that you are blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Marcia! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Years ago we had hens, and they suddenly stopped laying eggs. They were free-range - that is they were free to wander around the garden. So we followed them to see whether they were laying the eggs somewhere new rather than the usual place. Turned out they were selling them to the nearby supermarket.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you charged them for use of your land...instead of free-range, you should have hens that were fee-range.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for visiting my Blog and entering the competition.

      God bless.

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...