"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Thursday, May 2, 2013

~ Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real ~ "The Rose"


~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~
Every Thursday at Like Mother, Like Daughter
 
Last week, at my girls choir practice, the Confirmand whom I sponsored last year, brought me this rose.  I think it qualifies as Pretty, Happy, Funny & Real altogether!


Pretty, for the rose itself.
Happy, for the way it made me feel.
Funny, for how she lovingly had it wrapped in a wet paper towel and plastic zip bag to preserve its perkiness all through its journey and hours of sitting until it reached me...it was perfectly perky when I received it!  :o)
Real, now that is real love and thoughtfulness!  And I real-ly appreciate these acts of love...thank you, sweet young lady! xo

Go to Like Mother, Like Daughter, to find more contentment...



7 comments:

  1. And I'm sure you deserved this beautiful rose.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so thoughtful and sweet. These days we are greeted on special occasions via emails and text messages, so when we are at the receiving end of a touchingly old-fashioned gesture, wow, that just melts the heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words are so true...I need to work on my giving end of 'old fashioned gestures'; it really is touching!
      How can I touch someones life today in a thoughtful way...?

      Delete
  3. Thanks for joining -- I love your photo and thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leila; and as always, thank you for hosting.

      Delete
  4. That is so beautiful! The rose and the thought behind it!

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Share it here...