"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

~ Charity ~

I would love to write an entire post on LOVE.  However, since I have absolutely no time...I will leave just a few words and a picture or two.

So, as I get ready for this beautiful weekend (my First Holy Communion class will receive Our Lord in the Eucharist), I leave a quick picture of one of the many events that have been taking place in our very blessed lives...

One of my First Communion students was recently diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor, that is inoperable.  He is a sweet, sweet boy.  His family generates love by their very presence...
I am not just saying that.  It is the absolute TRUTH.

So many lives have been touched by this little boy's suffering...Christ suffered and touched many lives as well...

Our pastor arranged to have him receive his First Holy Communion early...I arranged a reception to celebrate the glorious union.  Many families helped decorate, make flower arrangements, prepare the food...

His classmates were all present to kneel with him; his family, siblings, grandparents, uncles & aunts, and his church family were there as well.
 
Additionally, many of us families came together to put on a Family Dinner to raise funds for his medical expenses...it SOLD OUT.  Here is a tiny peek...



I placed Our Lady of Lourdes prayer on the program


Right now, he and his parents are in Lourdes, France
 
Please, I ask you, pray for a miracle. 
God's will be done.

4 comments:

  1. He will be in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Maricia. God bless your day!

      Delete
    2. Mine too. I love how your church family is supporting them.

      Delete
    3. Thank you, Rhonda. God's good graces to you!

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...