"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

~ Patience is a Virture...and REGAL! ~

Today, I'm forty-five minutes early to pick up my daughter from her orthodontics appointment...she informed me that they had cancelled her appointment and that I would have to call them to reschedule...I'm annoyed.  
Butterfly has waited 4 weeks since her last appointment to (possibly) have her braces removed.  We cannot make it back next week.  And on, and on, and on...go my thoughts & arguments (I can feel my blood start to boil).  Life is too busy right now...I don't have time for this nonsense.

Yesterday, at Little Lamb's dentist & retainer check, we waited 10 minutes (actually 20 minutes, because I was early)....I had to pick up my son from Mass...he was waiting for his ride.  Me!  I started to stress...

(Back to today) 
 Rather than getting in the car and driving home to my one million "things to do", I turned off the car's engine and made my way back to the orthodontics office.  I'm walking fast.  I'm walking with purpose.  My poor daughter is following me...trying to keep up.

I throw open the door and walk straight to the desk...they see me coming and guiltily cower.  All three of them.

(Side note:  I had gone to confession earlier this morning) 
I think my guardian angel, and grace from this morning's Mass & sacrament, took charge.  My  face actually broke into a sincere smile and out from my mouth came sweet salutations.  (I shocked them.  I shocked myself).

(The moral of the story)
We worked it out to get my sweet and patient Butterfly her long awaited ortho appointment, first thing tomorrow morning (or, day three at the dentist office); and, they apologized profusely and gave her complimentary tickets to the movie theatre...



The smile on her face made this mama very thankful that I had not given into my vice, that I had not taken the dark path.  Yet, it wasn't I, but God's good and amazing grace...
You see, patience really is a virtue.  And God is good.

1 comment:

  1. This is both a poignant and funny piece. And a timely reminder (for me) about daily Mass and frequenting the Sacraments. Thanks so much...

    I'm sure the movie was good!

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Share it here...