"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Friday, June 7, 2013

~ Sweet Hearts ~

Earlier today we enjoyed the Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus...

We celebrated by attending First Friday Mass and Benediction, along with other home school families and my girls Children's Choir.

Tonight, in the spur of the moment, I decided to try Tiffany's Sacred Heart Fruit Dessert; with just one minor adjustment and one simple  shortcut...

Minor adjustment:  I substituted the suggested sugar cookie dough for (our family favorite) chocolate chip cookie dough.  (Also, I accidentally forgot to use powdered sugar & vanilla - that's what happens when I try to rely on memory). 

Simple shortcut:  I used my 'heart' dish, instead of the suggested paper template.

Boy was it SUPER EASY, and boy was it GOOD!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to get me a heart-shaped baking pan :-)

    And hey, I'm happy for you that your girls are in a children's choir. Singing is praying twice,as they say...

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Share it here...