"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Thursday, May 8, 2014

~ The Easter Eggstravaganza & Menu ~

Have you moved on from Easter...?  Even though we celebrate for 50 days, here are some pics from our Easter Morning.  I am SO BACK-BLOGGED!

Every year we like to celebrate with the same delicious fare...maybe we add a couple new dishes & decor, in order to keep things a little interesting.  But we always, ALWAYS, serve the dishes we love and crave.  Including:


Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus








Leg of Lamb with Rosemary



(not pictured) Macaroni Salad, Mandarin Orange Salad, & Quinoa
More Easter fare...



Grandma's Jello & Auntie's Peep Cookies


Mouth-watering, soft, warm, Buttery Pretzels...(from Good Friday)

Liquid Refreshments & Libations...
From the grandpa to the youngest, there was something for everyone!

The Decor...





The Easter Baskets...
{happy}
Simple & Sweet
The Easter Bonnet...
{pretty}


{funny}

FUNNY+
Finger-pointer:  Do your school work!
Confused Child:  School work?!  What's that??
Finger-pointer:  Guess!

Confused Child:  Is it something that you do on Google+???

cartoonists:  Conductor, Little Lamb & the mama - we just kept adding to the fun, til it was done.   :o)


{real}

I cannot express how delighted I was to receive this gift...absolutely wonderfully made, lovely hand-made napkins.  They were a gift from my sister-in-laws mother.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I am still excited.  Can you tell?  It was an incredibly thoughtful and generous gift...and I just LOVE THEM!!!

If you are visiting...Welcome!  I hope you found something pretty, happy, funny, or real here on my little blog.  For more {phfr} times, visit Like Mother, Like Daughter.

You can also visit other Family Journals over at Catholic Bloggers Network



~+~ Blessings ~+~

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness: your spread from Easter looks amazing! You are a very talented cook by the looks of it! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melody. My daughters get a lot of the credit this year...they know the drill already. Makes it fun in the kitchen when everyone is pitching in.

      Blessing to you!

      Delete
  2. I wish I was visiting for real with all this great food. You must be marvellous in the kitchen. I particularly liked the lamb. And the salmon. The mushrooms. Pretzels ....

    God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The leg of lamb was my favorite. And the salmon.
      I am ok in the kitchen...before the children came, I used to spend a lot of time reading and perusing over cookbooks (like they were great novels - ha). Now that the children are older, they help me in the kitchen.
      Except when it comes to the clean up....everyone seems to disappear.

      God bless you and your loved ones, Victor!

      Delete
  3. We also had lamb for Easter (VERY hard to find here in Baja), but since there are only 2 of us here, we did lamb steaks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually see lamb in the markets throughout the year, other than Easter.
      So I found a website called AmericanLamb.
      In CA there is a place called Shannon Ranch (shannonridge.com) that sells natural grass fed lamb (vineyards & olives as well).

      I have not tried them...but I like the fact that they are small local ranchers...
      http://www.shannonridge.com/ranch/

      A blessed Easter to you and yours, Anna!

      Delete
  4. What a lovely start of the Easter Season -- truly festive for there is much to celebrate!

    Glad to know that you have taken up cartooning as a mom-and-kids activity :-) It's more enjoyable that way, isn't it?

    Easter Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cartooning is more enjoyable that way, and it can be a great way to get a message across... ;o)

      Easter Blessings to you and yours!

      Delete
  5. I know what you mean about 'back-blogged'! Great post!...and even though it's May 20 as I read it...it's still the Easter Season! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...a blessed Easter Season to you and your family! :o)

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...