"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

They know what I like.


Every year my dear husband will ask what I would like to do for Mother's Day.  The one day, besides my birthday, that my children and husband pamper me and give me my heart's desire (within reason).




Every year I ask for the same:  Peace in my household
Champagne Brunch


My favorite Menu:
Shrimp Cocktail
Lox & Bagels with Capers
Fresh Berries
Mimosa  Champagne Royale or Kir Royale (my new favorite)


Very similar to Last Year...and the Year Before (2013)...and the Year Before That (2012) and even Before The Last (2011)

I am very happy to see everyone working in the kitchen putting together a meal for me.  I get to sit and relax and sip on my Kir Royale and act silly and laugh.

And I confess, I bought myself an early Mother's Day gift while in France.
And I don't feel guilty...maybe just a little.  I have always loved pearls...God really knows how to create beauty...
(Do you want to see them?)
As we whisked past the bijouerie, my necked craned to see the display of an assortment of beautifully flowing pearls. I had only one chance to slip away and return to see if they were really what I had imagined...and the price, (YES) they were a steal.

 I kick myself for not purchasing two...oh wait, I did.  (gasp!)  A simple strand.  But, not for me...a gift to be revealed at another time.  (shhh)

I must say, this has been a very pampered and seemingly extravagant day...not long ago I was changing diapers and cleaning up stray cheerios from underneath the refrigerator.
This is a season of life, my season...because we are all different and yet all the same.
One thing I learned, while in Lourdes, is to be joyful...always.

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven, a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted, a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace...I have seen the business that God has given to the children of man to be busy with...He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man’s heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end...I perceived that there is nothing better for them than to be joyful and to do good as long as they live; also that everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil—this is God’s gift to man.  
~ Ecclesiastes 3: 1-13

All this wonderfulness is sweet and loving and very much appreciated...But let me not forget that the month of May is the time to focus on Our Heavenly Mother, Mary.  Mother of Love.

She looks over us and protects us.  Mary is the human example of what I would like to become.
Cheerful and humble.  Strong and Compassionate.  Selfless and Pure.
We honor her this month, as we honor all the Mother's this day for all that they do for us.  Thank you,  Graceful Mother and thank you to all other moms, living and deceased.

"Though still a virgin she carried a child in her womb, and the handmaid and work of his wisdom became the Mother of God"  (Songs of Praise 1:20 [A.D. 351]).  Ephraim of Syrian




4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Victor. Blessings to all the Mothers in your life.

      Delete
  2. Belated happy Mother's Day! That is some Mother's Day collection you are building, thanks to the constant love of your dear family. And thanks for the May-is-for-the-Blessed Mother reminder. Gosh, I realize now how much I've missed this blog! Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Belated Mother's Day to you, Marcia! So glad you stopped by!

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...