"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Monday, October 19, 2015

A Simple Women's Daybook: October 2015

I am joining hostess Peggy over at The Simple Woman


For Today...October 19th, 2015

Outside my window...Clouds.  Lovely, threatening rain clouds.

I am thinking...about all the errands I need to run, and where exactly am I going to find the time to do them!


I am thankful...for my Faith.  Last week was crushing to the spirit.  The loss of a friend.  The disappointment of a loved one.  My Faith is a balm for my soul and healing source for my hurt.  It reminds me how much I am loved and how much I have to be thankful.  God is good.  Always.




In the kitchen...(from a week ago)  but I plan to bake this cake again very, very soon.

White cake with lemon curd filling and lemon frosting.  So delicious!

I am wearing...something from my Weekly Wardrobe


I am creating...a loving environment for my children...always creating, never ceasing.

I am reading...Compass by James B. Stenson

I am hoping...for rain.  We are desperate for rain here in California.

I am looking forward to...my birthday weekend with my husband and children.

Around the house...quiet.  Children are studying.  Husband is working.  Dogs are sleeping.

I am pondering...My Lord's next path and chapter for me.

A favorite quote for today...It constantly happens that the Lord permits a soul to fall so that is may grow humbler.  When it is honest, and realizes what it has done, and returns, it makes ever-increasing progress in our Lord's service."  

~  St. Teresa of Avila 

One of my favorite things...pumpkin pie.  It is pumpkin pie season.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Read more with my children.  Talk more with my children.  Pray more with my children.  Laugh more with my children.

A peek into my day...



2 comments:

  1. What a lovely daybook post! Your cake answers my question of what to do with two jars of lemon curd in my cupboard! And your 'I am thankful' reminded me of a hymn I love to sing: "There Is A Balm in Gilead". Beautiful quote. Love your plans for your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lemon curd makes an amazing cake filling...my first time trying it and it was a huge hit with the family.

    Thank you for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Share it here...