"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

~ Come, Holy Spirit ~

Just a tiny peek into a very BIG day: Conductor's CONFIRMATION
Cake toppers ~ Hand-made with love
The entire day was energized and filled with all the wonderful emotions.  Joy.  Happiness.  (some happy tears)
Almost surreal, but most certainly ALIVE.  Powerful.  Euphoric.  Beautifully Amazing!!!!!

There are so many lovely elements to the Confirmation Mass. 
These young souls are indelibly sealed to the Holy Spirit ~ also know as the Sacrament of the Seal.  Receiving sanctifying grace...infused with sanctifying grace!

They become true soldiers of Christ!
Confirmation imparts the Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit on them (us) ~ where Christ lives within us:
Wisdom
Understanding
Counsel
Fortitude
Knowledge
Piety
Fear of the Lord

Helping them (us) to live a Christian life, becoming the Church Militant - strengthening them (us) spiritually, so that they (we) may defend the Holy Church.


The Confirmand

The Confirmand and his sponsor!  (tears of joy & happiness here)
" (Confirmand's name) I sign thee with the sign + of the Cross, and I confirm thee with the chrism of salvation; in the Name of the Father + and of the Son + and of the Holy + Spirit."
The Mass was said in Latin, so it went like this:

 "(Confirmand's name) signo te signo crucis + et confirmo te chrismate salutis, in nomine Patris + et Filii + et Spiritus + Sancti"
 
The "slap"

The Confirmation Slap:  Reminding them of the persecution they will have to suffer for Christ.









We celebrated with not one, but two receptions...why not!?  It was a pretty SPECIAL day!





Then why not make that two cakes...?
Cake #2
Can I hear three...?
 BTW, those are not ants on top of this beautiful round cake -
It was my sorry attempt to try and cover Conductor's name (LOL).
 I'm not too paint shop saavy (obviously). I couldn't figure out the "blurry" tool.


Amazingly delicious and expensive cake #3





The cake was beautiful, and tasted heavenly.  The cake toppers were created by Little Lamb and I...I found the creative idea here.    Caution:  scroll down to the bottom, the cake is named: "Crisma".  And beware to view some of the most beautiful designs, ever.  There were so many beautiful cake ideas it was really hard to choose - not to worry, because next year Butterfly will be Confirmed.  Except, I think I'll have just the one cake at home (lol).  The simplicity of this cake just struck me.  So sweet and simple.  It reminded me of the First Holy Communion cake at Little Lamb's reception.  Beyond Beautiful.

Cake #4
  OK. Four cakes and that's final!
I did mention that we had two receptions that I planned, remember?I will say that it was worth every ounce of energy and planning....and I would do it all over again!! (but maybe with one less cake - lol). The baker of this cake made a mistake and used blue icing, instead of red...so I place three fresh RED roses to rectify the error.  Three for the Holy Trinity.  (and I just love fresh flowers on cakes).
Dessert Table (like we needed one) :o)

"Veni, Creator Spiritus,
mentes tuorum visita,
imple superna gratia
quae tu creasti pectora..."

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Share it here...