"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

~ For the greater glory of God ~


Dusting off this  very old post from the vaults...
to join the O Most Sacred Heart
 
 

      June 15th, was the Feast of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus

One of the works that gives me great joy and happiness (besides spending time with my children and family & working in my garden) is arranging flowers for the sanctuary at my parish. 
Flowers hand-made with love for Him!

Flowers on the High Altar


It's another labor of love -

It takes time and patience...

...Some creativity and vision...and a lot of prayers.  Prayers to St. Anne for her intercession and help, and prayers to the Holy Spirit for guidance and inspiration.  +AMDG+

On the High Altar, for Him
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam = For the greater glory of God






There is a group of terrific ladies that have been arranging flowers for the church for years...they are very talented and inspirational.

They create beautiful bouquets and arrangements, working quietly and diligently...
all for the greater glory of God.
At the foot of the cross altar
This week I arranged the flowers...using RED for the SACRED HEART, PURPLE for HIS MERCY on our sins and WHITE for his GOODNESS, GLORY and TRIUMPH.


+AMDG+


4 comments:

  1. The hints of the interior of your church are intriguingly beautiful - I'd love to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a wonderful idea, Anna. I should post more pictures of my little parish. Local newspapers have referred to it as "A Gothic Gem".
      It was founded in 1922 and shows examples of fine Gothic artwork.
      God bless and thank you for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I jumped here from the Sacred Heart linkup, and have enjoyed my visit to your site very much: your quotes a lovely, especially the one by Mother Angelica (below.)
    Best wishes,
    Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting, Kathy!
      God's grace to you, on this First Friday!

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...