"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Friday, September 7, 2012

~ Before & After ~

Now that the weather is starting to change, baking is on my mind...
"Hand-maid" bread is just the thing for today's Traditional 3:00PM Tea.

BEFORE
2 lbs of Cinnamon Raisin Bread -
It looks a little sunken in the middle...but the taste wasn't effected. at. all. :o)


It's still yummy warm...


Yep.  I used my bread machine.  Add all ingredients to bread pan...and savorier!


AFTER
 
Served with Tea and Honey
 
CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD
1-1/8 cup warm water
1 egg
1-1/2 Tbl. butter or vegetable oil
3-1/2 cups all purpose flour (I used white whole wheat)
1/4 cup dry milk
3 Tbl. sugar (can sub with honey or agave)
1/2 cup raisins
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. dry yeast