"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Saturday, September 8, 2012

~ Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary ~

Today was (and is) a day of celebration!

First, and foremost, it is our Mother Mary's Birthday!
Like the amazingly unselfish mother that she is, she has shared her Son with us, yet again, on her day.

For the past two years, I have been working on a film about Adoration.  Today was the "official premiere" of that film. 
Our Bishop/Archbishop-designate Salvatore Cordileone celebrated the Holy Mass, which was followed by a talk on Adoration from Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P., from Catholic Answers - The Chaplain is In...
Then, the presentation of the film "Christ Among Us ~ His True Presence in the Diocese of Oakland"


I am so very thankful for this opportunity to serve Our Lord in this way.  His way. 

It is true that "I can do all things in He who strengthens me"  Philippians 4:13.

It is true that He uses the lowly.

It is true that He shows His greatness through the least:
"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the exceeding greatness of the power may be of God, and not from ourselves"  2 Corinthians 4:7

I am so very thankful for my husband.  I am thankful for my children.  I am thankful for my pastor.  I am thankful for my bishop.  I am thankful for You, Christ, for this gift of Yourself to us.

Christ, is indeed, Among us!