"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

~ First Days 2013, Continued ~

photo credit:  Abi Bell
 
Last year, we chose The St. Francis Prayer to recite everyday.
We will continue to use this prayer during this school year as well.
 
Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy.

O, Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
it is in dying that we are born again to eternal life.
~ St. Francis of Assisi
 
+ Amen!

Conductor and Butterfly began a week earlier with their online courses...but our Official start date was Monday the 9th of September! 

We had to improvise, from last year, since Little Lamb was sick in bed on her first day back.  So we began with a little First Day Fare of her choice:


Egg easy over (I was a little hard on them) :o)
Waffles with jam
Fresh Fruit
Chamomile Tea with honey


She enjoyed her breakfast in bed, while the others worked on Chemistry and Writing...

I promised her that she could open up the "pencils" and Schultutes after breakfast, which I had just put together the evening before.  And thank you to all the wonderful ideas which were shared by other moms everywhere.  The pencil tutorial called for a Pringles (potato chip) can, but I just shopped for something cylindrical and "healthy", substituting the can.  This saved me a step (of eating all those chips - which I would have!) :o/


 
 

The First Day Frenzy
















The First Day Frenzy Finale...

gets the thumbs up!


I thought this idea was perfect for capturing the school year, I am SO thankful for all the wonderful shared ideas...thank you, ladies!  May God continue to bless you!

Little Lamb, 4th Grade
 
Butterfly, 9th Grade
 

Conductor, 10th grade

Well, I am still organizing...in fact, I have taken several leaps a few steps backwards with my desk and shelves (rooms, floors, drawers,....) being a complete mess.  But we will forge forward and I will offer it all up!  (because having my things unorganized and my desk a mess is really not fun for me.).

Time for one of these!  :oD
Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy.

O, Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
it is in dying that we are born again to eternal life.
~ St. Francis of Assisi
 
+ Amen!

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful photos. Hope your daughter is now well. Here in the UK back to school started last Wednesday. It is getting rather cold now and it gets dark by about 7.30pm

    God bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Victor, my daughter is definitely on the mend.

      I am welcoming the cooler weather and even the darker eves here...we have had a lot of fires in CA and I would love some rain, too!

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...