"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Friday, September 27, 2013

{pretty, happy, funny, real} ~ Sixteen is Sweet ~

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~
Every Thursday at Like Mother, Like Daughter
 
{pretty}
 
 
Not too long ago...someone turned fifteen.
 
{happy}
 
 


His favorite cake, with his favorite dinner, with his favorite family...
 
Can you "figure out" the Driver's License number...???
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Universal Studios
 
{funny}
 
 
I created a faux-driver's license and then had it placed on his birthday cake for the friends party...
 
 
We baked a second *hand-maid* cake, with our delicious chocolate ganache, for the BIG PARTY.
 
{real}
 
 
The only picture I took before all the guests arrived was of the party punch...taking pictures during the party was not feasible.  Thirty hungry teens...enough said.
 
 
Go to Like Mother, Like Daughter to find more contentment...

4 comments:

  1. This is so sweet, mom! Happy birthday and congratulations to Conductor! That cake looks professionally made. Now that the young man is driving, you have somebody to help you run errands :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He goes down to the DMV to get his driver's permit...this is so strange to me! I suspect it will increase my prayers! 0:o)

      Delete
  2. Wow! How exciting! My oldest will be 16 in the coming summer. I'm a nervous wreck!! Many prayers for you all! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers...and I will pray for your family, too!
      God bless!

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...