"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

~ Life ~



~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~
Every Thursday at Like Mother, Like Daughter 
&
Catholic Bloggers Network
 
 
{pretty}
 
This crucifix qualifies as {pretty} special.  I hand held this all the way back from Assisi, Italy during our Altar Boy Pilgrimage to Rome.  It was hand-made from olive wood from local artisans. 
 
{happy}
 
{happy} Birthday Dinner & Dessert for my Father-in-law 
 
 
 
{funny}
 
Our friends asked if we would take care of their birds while they were on vacation...sure (I say).  In my mind, I envisioned this cute little bird cage...HA! 
 
Boy was I surprised when they pulled up with this...
 
It took up half my dining room.  :oD 
(just kidding, L ~  Love ya! xo)
 
My girls were ecstatic that they had these sweet birds to care for, and I have to admit...they were really sweet. 
Messy, but sweet.  {funny}, too!
 
 
{real}

In August, I took a group of teens, from our church Youth Group, to the First Ever Pro-Life Youth Conference Nor-Cal 2013...held at the Cathedral in San Francisco.



It was organized by P.L.M.R.  Pro-Lifers of the Mystical Rose which is a Pro-Life Youth-Led Organization.




The two day event was packed full of nine amazing  and compelling speakers, including the wonderful Sisters of Life,
The Sisters of Life is a contemplative / active religious community of women founded in 1991 by John Cardinal O’Connor for the protection and enhancement of the sacredness of every human life. Like all religious communities, we take the three traditional vows of poverty, chastity and obedience. We also are consecrated under a special, fourth vow to protect and enhance the sacredness of human life.
~ Sisters of Life
...the event also included live music, as well as an Info-Faire, books & media tables.















We experienced our first "Die-In Rally" and participated in a Peaceful Walk to the Civic Center Plaza led by the loyal and worthy Knights of Columbus.  Surprisingly, we had a great amount of positive reactions & support...and only one (maybe two) jeers. 



Several priests were available throughout the event to offer the sacrament of Confession & Spiritual Direction.

 The event was very well organized and the food (important when you have teens), which was included in the registration package, was superb!














Advocating the Pro-Life Cause and working towards the end of abortion is what the Pro-Life Youth Conference event is hoping to accomplish. 

We are looking forward to the 2nd Annual Pro-Life Youth Conference 2014!




 
 
 
Go to Like Mother, Like Daughter to find more contentment... 
round button chicken
and
Linking up to Catholic Bloggers Network
~ Catechism, Apologetics and Catholic Product Reviews ~



7 comments:

  1. Thank you for a wonderful post full of joy and hope. It is so nice and heart-warming when young people get involved in such worthy causes as pro-life. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to take them to the Conference.

    The photos of the strawberries and blackcurrants look very appetizing. We had a few strawberries from our garden this year but did much better with the blackcurrants. I'm currently picking a load of apples and pears from our trees.

    Wonderful post.

    God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful event, and I hope that it grows in size next year. I was so impressed by the youth and their passion and conviction for this cause - for the unborn.

      This year I picked one apple from our tree...it was only planted a year ago, so I have to be patient. That is so wonderful that you have an abundant harvest of apples and pears! Make sure to make some apple cobbler and baked pears...hello Autumn!!

      God bless you and yours, Victor.

      Delete
    2. Yes, we're making quite a few apple pies.

      Have a happy day. God bless you all.

      Delete
  2. I am SO grateful that you shared about the experience with the Pro-Life Youth Conference and PLMR. I had no idea that there was such a group as PLMR, especially in the Bay Area. It gives me cause for great hope. And thanks, also, for your comment on my blog post. I tried to find a way to respond by email, but couldn't find anything on your blog or on Google+. If you're so inclined, please email sometime me at bajamanna [at] gmail [dot com].

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it gives me great hope as well, Anna! This young woman was touched by a pro-life conference that she had attended in Southern California and decided that we needed it here in the Bay Area...and it is growing as the youth pick up the torch.

      As I mentioned, I am really enjoying reading your blog. I had tried to comment several times before, but I do not have google+ and I am not computer/techy savvy at all.

      Have a wonderful day, Anna. Bendiciones!

      Delete
  3. I admire the dedication of P.L.M.R. and the Sisters of Life to the sacredness of life. And it is so admirable, too, that you are involved in their cause. No effort can be too much when upholding the sacredness of life. I will be with you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marcia. I did not know about the Sisters of Life until this conference. They are truly a blessing to sacredness of life.
      God bless you.

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...