"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

~ pretty, happy, funny, real ~ Rome Day One

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~
Every Thursday at Like Mother, Like Daughter
 
{pretty}
Amsterdam
I was tempted to buy some of these {pretty} tulips...but managed to restrain myself.
 
{happy}
Rome
This was the view from my room. 
Terrible picture quality, but boy was I {happy} about my view!
We were adamant about staying here again (we have stayed here twice before).  
I think everyone enjoyed it.  How could you not be {happy} here!?
 
{funny}
It was a very hot & humid day, and while we waited for hours at the General Audience, these cute ladies made use of their newspapers...
I was amused by their {funny} headdress and so I discreetly tried to take their picture (everyone was looking forward, while my camera was pointing back)  :oD 
 
{real}
Little Lamb is studying the map of all the areas we were planning to walk cover. 
She was {real} excited!!!
 
Go to Like Mother, Like Daughter to find more contentment...

11 comments:

  1. Oh what wonderful photos. And how lucky you were to be so close to the Vatican. Must have been a special blessing for you all. And Holland too!

    You should try London sometime, plenty to visit and see there. Also Edinburgh. Scotland is so wonderful. See the video which I posted on my blog last December for encouragement to visit. Edinburgh castle high on a volcanic hill overlooking Prince's Street gardens and its many shops is splendid. Click link: http://timeforreflections.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/happy-noo-year.html

    God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Victor. Indeed, we felt very blessed being so close to the Vatican.

      We hope to visit Northern Europe before our oldest leaves to college. I will check out the link to your post...thank you, it sounds lovely!

      Delete
  2. I don't know how you resisted filling your whole suitcase with bulbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, it was extremely difficult...plus, I didn't have my suitcase with me or I might have done just that! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely trip! On my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend moving it to the top of your list...many graces. We were able to bring 24 altar boys, no small feat, but lots of prayers & planning over several years.
      Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  4. Lovely. First time here. I love your script font.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy. And thank you for visiting!
      Blessings to you...

      Delete
  5. wow! what a big trip, I don't want to travel so I am enjoying your pictures as I cannot imagine ever actually going that far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand, Rhonda...the most stressful part for me is the airport and everything that entails.

      Enjoy...I'll be posting more.

      Delete
  6. You blessed pilgrim! God is so good to bring you to Rome and with your family, too! This one is for remembering and treasuring for a long, long time :-)

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Share it here...