"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Thursday, July 4, 2013

~ Independence Day 2013 ~

I enjoy decorating the entrance to my home.  At the beginning of each season or liturgical celebration I make  some sort of effort to let "the world" my family, guests, & neighbors know that we are celebrating, at this moment, some special & meaningful event in our lives.

This afternoon we will BBQ and talk a little of our Country's Independence in 1776...

I'm reminded of Leila's tradition of reciting the Declaration of Independence; I love this idea! 

However you decide to celebrate this Fourth of July, have a safe and blessed day!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely! You have a flair for decorating - festive and elegantly muted at the same time. 'Hope you and your family had a meaningful celebration and are having a good weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marcia. We are surviving the 100+ weather here in California - dry, not humid. No complaints at all, but I do enjoy the Fall weather. :o)

      Delete
  2. beautiful decorations at your entrance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rhonda. Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July!

      Delete
  3. What lovely decorations. Well-done.

    Thank you for your helpful comments on my blog Hand-Maid.

    May God bless you and your family always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Victor.

      God bless you and your family!

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...