"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Thursday, December 12, 2013

~ Our Lady of Guadalupe ~

 
A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet,
and on her head a crown of twelve stars”
~ Revelation 12:1 
 
Isn't she lovely?
 
I just love her.  The Patroness of the Americas.  This is the only apparition where Our Lady left an actual picture of herself! 
On December 12, 1531, her image was imprinted on the tilma (or cloak) of St. Juan Diego.  Now, nearly 500 years later, it is still perfectly preserved!
A miracle?
And so many interesting scientific discoveries surrounding this image...
Go ahead, search it.
 
 
Our Lady of Guadalupe, pray for us!
 
“Listen and let it penetrate your heart…do not be troubled or weighed down with grief. Do not fear any illness or vexation, anxiety or pain. Am I not here who am your Mother? Are you not under my shadow and protection? Am I not your fountain of life? Are you not in the folds of my mantle? In the crossing of my arms? Is there anything else you need?”
~* ~ Our Lady’s words to her servant Juan Diego ~*~

10 comments:

  1. What special words of endearment from our Lady -- "Are you not in the folds of my mantle? In the crossing of my arms?"

    Yes, I've been wanting to read more about Our Lady of Guadalupe... thank you for the reminder.

    Have a good weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comforting word, aren't they?
      God bless...

      Delete
  2. Not only did she leave us her picture, but it corresponds exactly with the one that the apostle John saw. How can people withhold their love from one who goes so far to reach out to us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing how she reaches out to us...

      Delete
  3. I love our Lady. When we were adopting our church, she often visited me during church with her smell of roses. She is very dear to all of us. How could anyone not love her?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant when we were adopting our children! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our diocese has an "adopt a priest" program...so adopting a church would not be unheard of...
      But with this new understanding of Our Lady lovingly reaching out to you during your adoption process...Super Beautiful!!!!!

      Delete
  5. Best wishes to you and your family at this Holy Season.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Victor...God bless you and yours!!

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...