"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Friday, December 27, 2013

~ Twelve Days of Christmas: Days I, II & III ~

 
On the first day of Christmas
my true love sent to me:
A Partridge in a Pear Tree
 
"My true love" refers to God
 

I mentioned in this post, last year, how we celebrate the Twelve Days of Christmas with gifts (in addition to special activities).   One gift for each day. 
New ornament for the Christmas tree

We began by opening our stockings on Christmas Eve, after the Vigil Mass and before Midnight Mass.  It was a Mass Marathon.  :o)
Actually, I missed both my girls singing in the choir at the Vigil Mass...Little Lamb was running a fever.  So I attended the Midnight Mass with my son (he wanted to serve both).

Then on Sunday morning, before the later Mass, we sat around and opened the first set of gifts while enjoying some homemade baked goods.

We started out with a 'community' gift, rather than individual gifts. 
I had wrapped several gifts that the family could enjoy over the Christmas Holydays. 



The Civil War 1000 piece puzzle, and the Ronald Reagan CD & DVD I had purchased during our summer family vacation.  The variety of books were purchased from our local Catholic store to add to our (leisure reading) library. 
We had the traditional gingerbread house to work on during the Christmas holydays.





Past Christmas gift

I was the happy recipient of beautiful Twelve Days of Christmas ornaments.  I thought I would re-purpose our Advent Jesse Tree (thankfully I haven't had time to store it back in the garage...way up top). 

We are enjoying listening to Christmas music, feasting, sitting around a lit Christmas tree.  :o)



Taking walks, sipping hot chocolate, watching movies, reading, and working on this...





And this...

Christmas 2013



The “three French hens” represent the Three Persons in God.

~ + ~
The “two turtle doves” represent the two natures in Jesus: human and divine; also, the two Testaments, Old and New.

~ + ~
The “partridge” is Jesus himself, and the “pear tree” is the Cross.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Share it here...