"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Monday, February 24, 2014

~ Moments of Grace ~ * ~ Daybook 2014 No. Three ~

I'm joining hostess Jenny and Ladies over at Plain Grace

I am thankful...
+ the sacrament of Confession, and my parish that has it available daily or whenever I should need it. (Jenny, I promise you that I had this on my mind first thing in the morning when I started this post.  I was not copying you. Ha-ha. I work in increments...a minute here, a minute there.  Then, when I go to link up and read yours; oh dear...do I change?  Do I explain...yup.). That's my confession to you. :D

I am praying for...

+ I hate to say rain & snow, again, but even our pastor has put this prayer in our bulletin...so, yes, rain:
California is facing its third straight year of lower than normal rainfall.

"Almighty God, we are n need of rain.  We realize now, looking up into the clear, blue sky, what a marvel even the least drop of rain really is.  To think that so much water can really fall out of the sky, which now is empty and clear!  We place our trust in You.  We are sure that You know our needs.  But You want us to ask you anyway, to show You that we know we are dependent on you.  Look to our dry hills and fields, dear God, and bless them with the living blessing of soft rain.  Then the land will rejoice and rivers will sing Your praises, and the hearts of all will be made glad.  May God open the heavens and let His mercy rain down upon our fields and mountains.  Let us especially pray for those most impacted by water shortages and for the wisdom and charity to be good stewards of this precious gift.  May our political leaders seek the common good as we learn to care and share God's gift of water for the good of all".  +Amen.

I am listening to...
+ Birds cheerfully chirping outside my (open) windows.
In the kitchen...
+ Little Lamb making lunch (turkey & pepper jack sandwiches) for everyone.
I am wearing...
+ Grey sweatpants, grey top, white w/grey piping light jacket.  Hair in pony tail & baseball cap.   Wasn't I wearing grey last week, too...?  Hmmm.
I am creating/working on...
+ Laundry (working on)...it has already been 'created' by others.  :o)

I have accomplished...
+ 75% of work for the upcoming Youth Retreat, grocery shopping for the week, sacristy flower arrangements.
I am going...
+ to buy a new vacuum cleaner this week, God willing.
I am wondering...
+ If a book that my husband bought is a subtle hint.  See I am reading...
I am reading...
+ The Everyday Gourmet: Making Healthy Food Taste Great from The Great Courses - The Culinary Institute of America.  note:  my husband bought it; I wonder if this is a hint.  (:o/
I am hoping...
+ for rain on Wednesday...the forecast promises, but the skies are a beautiful blue with warm sunshine...we will see.
I am looking forward to...
+ Lent, and the upcoming Youth Retreat!  Very much!!
I am learning...
+ To forgive myself with my shortcomings, to work at forgiving others for theirs.
Around the house...
+ dust is gathering...

Academics...
+ Getting ready to register my children for their evaluation kits through Kolbe Academy.  This year we will be using the TerraNova, 2nd Ed. Complete Battery Test...more on that.
I am pondering...
+ Writing letters to my children for a special occasion.
A favorite quote for today...
"What a weakness it is to love Jesus Christ only when He caresses us, and to be cold immediately once He afflicts us. This is not true love. Those who love thus, love themselves too much to love God with all their heart."     ~ St. Margaret Mary Alacoque
One of my favorite things...
Checking off items on the 'to do' list.
A few plans for the rest of the week...

+ SF Ballet
+ Incorporate something I have learned from my new "The Everyday Gourmet" book.
+  Final meeting for the Youth Retreat
+  Work on my computer problems or finally breakdown and purchase a new one...hopefully the new part I ordered will help things...hopefully.
A healthy meal today...
+ Morning Protein Shake that I had for dinner...which I will share on my Food blog...someday.
A healthy activity...
Hmmm.  If lugging laundry around the house counts...I have had a super healthy activity day today, and expect the same for tomorrow!
A peek into my day...
Still with the computer problems that are not allowing me to insert any images...{{{sigh}}}






12 comments:

  1. Praying you get the hoped for rain. Here it is so very wet that we've all got webbed feet.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers, Victor. We did have some light fog this morning; which even that bit of precipitation is welcome.

      Delete
    2. It's amazing how we seem to have extremes of weathers lately. I continue to pray for rain in your part of the world. Here we've had lots of floods ruining homes, businesses and the economy.

      God bless.

      Delete
    3. Usually after a dry spell, when the rains start up again, that's when the mudslides happen. This hills can't hold all the water and then...a different kind of disaster. We really need to rely on prayers and His blessings.

      God bless you! I will keep those that are being flooded in my prayers...

      Delete
  2. I will pray for your rain!
    I hate to hear about fires. We are drought-ridden in Texas too. The destruction is terrible.
    Love your post.
    Blessings,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Em! Yes; our Yosemite "Rim Fire" fire back in August has really depleted the surrounding lakes, too!
      Thanks again for the prayers, I will pray for the Lone Star State as well!

      Delete
  3. I love St Margaret Mary. A book on the Sacred Heart of Jesus is what brought my almost nonexistent faith brought back to life. And I would be happy if we all copied each other with confession. I would rather get all that stuff cleared out and hopefully taken care of now, rather than later. I'm sure I don't want to go to Purgatory or at least spend a bunch of time there, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. St. Margaret Mary is very dear to us as well. We faithfully attend First Friday Mass and we are so thankful that our pastor offers a special Mass for the home school families in our diocese. We both have God's grace to thank for rekindling our faith back to life...
      As always, thank you for hosting!

      Delete
  4. I hope that you and Em get the rains that you are praying for. I will recite the prayer with you; it's touching and beautifully written. My grandmother used to tell us, especially as the seasons shifted from dry to wet, that we should be grateful for rains because they water the ricefields that sustain us.

    I am clueless and clumsy with floral arrangements, but oh, I so admire them at Mass and during weddings. 'Hoping for your and your children's meaningful participation in the Youth Retreat...

    Yup, ticking off items in my to-do list is a highlight of my day, too :-)

    Thanks for the reminder about confession. Blessings and graces...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so good of you to pray for us, Marcia, thank you! I really try not to take for granted these blessings that God gives us; your grandmother is so right! And it was good of her to share her virtuous appreciation (for His gifts) with you and her loved ones.

      If I can do a floral arrangement...anyone can. :o) Some of the ladies that have been arranging a lot longer than I, can really create marvelous bouquets. Mine are really very simple. But I really do enjoy doing this ministry and feel so honored to provide the flowers that adorn the sanctuary, the altar, where the Holy sacrifice of the Mass takes place. He accepts my feeble attempts.

      God bless!

      Delete
  5. You have been tagged for the LENT MEME on my Blog.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :). Thank you, Victor, sounds like a wonderful Lenten idea!
      See you at your blog...

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...