"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Monday, April 7, 2014

~ Moments of Grace ~*~ Daybook 2014 No. Five ~

I'm joining hostess Jenny and Ladies over at Plain Grace


I am thankful...
+ My health
+ My Iron skillets that cook so nicely
+ My children's manners
I am praying for...
+ My children
+ Our priests
+ the focus I need to accomplish today's tasks
I am listening to...
+ birds chirping, washing machine running...
In the kitchen...
+ The lingering scent of turkey bacon...
I am creating/working on...
+ Confession Certificates
I have accomplished...
+ Mopping the kitchen floor...yippee!
Around the house...
+ Everyone working on assignments
A favorite quote for today...
+ From Gracelines:
"Each day look for every possible opportunity to do a kindness for those you do not like. After examining yourself on this matter every morning, decide what you are going to do, and do it faithfully with kindness and humility."           
                                                       - St. John Baptist De La Salle
Following reflection...
+  Who do I dislike?  What kindness will I do for him/her today?  How can I do it with faithfulness, kindness, and humility?
One of my favorite things...
+ Toasted raisin bread with melted coconut butter on top
A healthy meal today...
+ Quinoa made with chicken stock
A healthy activity...
+ Gardening outside early this morning...(also, one of my favorite things!)
A peek into my day...
The remains of Butterfly's Birthday Extravaganza


Go here for more shared Moments of Grace Daybooks...

7 comments:

  1. Yes, we have to pray for our priests. Thank you for that reminder. I really should decide to attend Holy Thursday's Chrism Mass for their intentions.

    Toasted raisin bread with or without a topping is one of my comfort foods!

    Have a good rest-of-Lent and Holy Week...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful idea to attend the Chrism Mass! Our bishop, via our pastor, has extended that invitation to all the faithful in our diocese, maybe I should answer this call...?

      A blessed Lent and Holy week to you as well...God bless!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful daybook!
    Blessings,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Emily!
      God bless you and your loved ones...

      Delete
  3. About your favorite quote ... I do not like the way my neighbor parks his car right outside my drive, blocking me and making it difficult for me to get in or out. I sometimes have to reverse and drive forwards several times before I get out. I have asked him several times to park a little further, to no avail.

    I have examined this carefully and I will with kindness and humility park in front of his drive. Will that do?

    I like bacon sandwiches, and toasted raisin bread. Your Blog always makes me hungry.

    What's a Confession Certificate? Do you get a certificate for confessing your sins properly?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. Your neighbor is either in need of prescription eye-wear, hearing aid, or has the classic case of 'jerk'. (sorry, that last conclusion was not very charitable). You can thank your neighbor for sanctifying you. Don't fall for the devil's temptation...just smile (and pray).

      My blog always makes me hungry, too. :o) You blog makes me laugh! And ponder.

      Certificate of Reconciliation. You know, when the children celebrate for the first time the Sacrament of Reconciliation/Penance/Confession. Then the pastor signs them...and they are ready to receive their First Holy Communion. But you knew that...And you do not get a certificate for confessing your sins properly, you get God's grace. O:o)

      Have a blessed day, Victor!

      Delete
    2. I don't think we give Certificates of First Confession in our church. I'll check. I know we give Certificates for Baptism, First Communion and Confirmation.

      I'm glad my Blog makes you smile. I hope you like my lastest entry.

      In all seriousness, I believe my neighbor does it just because he can. Some people are like that.

      God bless.

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...