"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Monday, March 31, 2014

~ Moments of Grace ~*~ Daybook 2014 No. Four ~

I'm joining hostess Jenny and Ladies over at Plain Grace


I am thankful...
+The sacrament of Confession
+The rain that we have received
+My husband...because, really, I am thankful for that man, everyday.
+Our health insurance
I am praying for...
+My friends intentions
+Continued rain
+The ability to stay focused to my daily tasks, and my primary vocation, being a mother (and teacher) to my children.
I am listening to...
+My dog whining (as she waits for her daily walk)
In the kitchen...
+ A cold oven and stove-top (I'm going to change that soon)
I am wearing...
+Pink fleece jacket, black exercise pants, hair in ponytail w/black mesh fitness cap
I am creating/working on...
+Plan meals for the week, Easter Menu; Easter plans; my eldest daughter's 15th B-day; FIFTEEN!  Fifteen. {sigh}
I am reading...
+The Holy Bible
+The Imitation of Christ
+A Man Cleansed by God
I am hoping...
+To get to all the phone calls I need to return :o(  By the end of this week???
I am looking forward to...
+My husband's Investiture
I am learning...
+To throw away or give away items BEFORE I bring them into the house; or to not accept, buy, or accumulate them to in the first place.
+To refrain from making "piles", which is just another form of procrastination; and from being too 'attached' to 'things'.
Around the house...
+Lots of activity...laundry going, children working, dogs playing, contractor & workers outside working on much needed exterior work...
Academics...
+Catching up on spelling lessons for my fourth-grader
Inspirational Words for thought & reflection...
(From today's Gracelines)  "Be kind to one another, compassionate, and mutually forgiving, just as God has forgiven you in Christ.  Be imitators of God as his dear children."
~ Ephesians 4:32
One of my favorite things...
+Caramel Macchiato...I am going to make myself one today.  Sooner than later.
A few plans for the rest of the week...
+Trail Life, AHG, Appointments, First Friday Mass, Stations of the Crosss...
A healthy meal today...

+Although not a meal, it is one of the first things I have in the morning...1 cup water, zapped for 114 seconds, fresh squeeze of lemon (from the garden).  
A healthy activity...
+My 30 minute walk with my youngest daughter & two dogs
A peek into my day...
I still need to organize & simplify (and change bed sheets...) things around me.


Visit Plain Grace for more shared Moments of Grace Day-books...

7 comments:

  1. HI, I saw your link on Plain Grace. I particularly liked what you are learning because it is something I am working on myself. :-) I love your healthy meal photo and the statue. So pretty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Bobbi...So glad you stopped by. I enjoy your awesome blog...your photos are absolutely beautiful, as is your family. God bless!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you got rain at last.

    I find "The Imitation of Christ" heavy going. I read bits every now and then but soon give up. Have you read much of this?

    God bless you and your family, Hand-Maid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain is beautiful! It is making me so happy and thankful right now.
      I hope the abundance of rain you have received in your area has subsided and the homes and businesses have recovered.

      You are right, Victor. The Imitation of Christ can be heavy going. A few friends have said the same about the Imitation of Christ and have tried to persuade me to use St. Francis de Sales' "Introduction to a Devout Life" instead; but it does not resonate with me like the Imitation of Christ does. Maybe it just fits my temperament...I dunno.
      But I do know I can pick it up and open it to any part and it just clearly speaks to me. I have read it countless times and each time is like the first. It is closest to having a conversation with God, besides prayer.
      "If you resolve to do what you ought, that is, to suffer and to die to yourself, things will go better with you and you will find peace." Just a random pick, and now I am comforted. :o)

      "Choose a hidden place for yourself and delight to retire there alone, where you need not talk with anyone, but instead pour out your heart to God in prayer. In this way you will have a clear conscience and a contrite heart. Look upon the whole world as nothing, preferring to give your time to God before all external things." This gives me direction...spiritual direction.

      I pray your Lenten season is going well. God bless, Victor.

      Delete
    2. The rain has finally stopped and mopping up is still going on in various areas. For the last two days most of the UK is suffering air pollution.

      Thanx for those two quotes from The Imitation of Christ, Hand-Maid.

      I'll have another go at reading it. Perhaps you could post a quote or two in your future Blogs.

      God bless you and yours.

      Delete
  3. Your statue is lovely. Thank you so much for linking up. I enjoyed my visit over here at your place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jenny, Thank you for visiting and for your work in the Lord.

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...