"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Thursday, March 20, 2014

~ phfr: Red & Black, Purple & Green ~

Linking up to Like Mother, Like Daughter to share some pretty, happy, funny and real times...

{pretty}

Lent can be pretty

{happy}

Someone is really happy that they achieved their white/black belt, her eleventh belt and just one belt away from black belt.  I am SO PROUD OF YOU MY SWEET GIRL!
Butterfly went from red/black belt to white/black belt...
WAY TO GO!!!

{funny}

This reminds me of the bad witch in the Wizard of Oz when the house dropped on her and only her legs were showing...

{real}

My son (and eldest daughter) helped design these tee-shirts for our recent Youth Retreat...
I hope to post some pictures write a post about the retreat before the year is over!  :o)
Our full theme for the retreat was:
Get Connected - Encounter Christ:  To Know, Love, and Live the Faith
Designed by Conductor & Butterfly


Go to Like Mother, Like Daughter to find more contentment...

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Butterfly! Give her extra credits for PE, mom! I really like your wreath; who said that wreaths should be round :-)

    Such an appropriate theme for a youth retreat... yes, please do write that post.

    Blessings to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the white/black belt.

    I never quite understood all these different coloured belts we have gathered at home over time. And they're so expensive - about £5 each. Worn for a few months and then another colour is needed. When I offered to buy a lovely leather belt instead I was told it is not quite the same.

    Some people have no style!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are expensive...and I found out that the one who is trying for their black belt should not give away any of the accomplished belts...I thought I would save my younger the trouble, but apparently it does not work that way. Who knew? I didn't.
      You have style, Victor (although, leather is rather expensive, too).

      Good day!

      Delete
    2. You're right. You cannot pass on a belt to another brother or sister. Each must have their own set of belts as they progress through the colours. And at £5 each belt it costs a fortune. And then there's the price of the outfit !!! I suggested they use pajamas instead ...

      I tried tempting them with a leather belt which is more stylish and lasts longer; but it did not work. So I suggested I make some belts out of old towels, or sheets. After all, it's only a piece of cloth. It can easily be painted by putting it in some dye. I was told I was a miser. Me? A miser? I was only trying to save the planet and the environment by re-cycling some old sheets.

      People don't get my style at all !!!

      God bless.

      Delete
    3. You are not only stylish, Victor, but environmentally conscientious as well...very good traits.
      :o)

      What martial arts do your children study?

      Delete
    4. Karate.

      Hence why I lose all debates in this household!

      God bless.

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...