"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Friday, December 18, 2015

Past Years ~ Present Year

I have loved my old faithful artificial tree that has given my family much happiness and glow over the PAST YEARS...



However, this year, I had a strong desire to GO (real) GREEN....




PRESENT YEAR



The house smells wonderful!
Gaudete Sunday...testing the lights!


But I could not part ways from Old Faithful just yet, so I moved her to another welcoming location...


PRESENT YEAR
Part of another GIRLS-NIGHT-IN was to decorate the Christmas Trees and bake cookies...
and do nails...


I also downsized on my family's Jesse Tree tree from





Athough we still LOVE and USE our Jesse Tree Ornaments...

PRESENT YEAR

The present Jesse Tree lights up in the evening with a four hour timer.
I LOVE this new Jesse Tree!
Compact, pretty, functional, clean, and the glowing lights in the evening
are DELIGHTFUL and cozy.

The family Advent Wreath from years past also joined in the GO (real) GREEN bandwagon...(after hubby came home with this very nice surprise).

PAST YEARS
PRESENT YEAR



We have been busy, busy, busy...and after my mother was unexpectedly admitted to the hospital's ICU...things have not slowed down.  But all is well, and the preparation for the coming of the Christ Child shall not be hindered....

Gaudete Sunday came and went, with great hope and joy!

Now, we wait...

And prepare some more...



2 comments:

  1. Hi! Dropping by to greet you and your family a most blessed Christmas and a better New Year! 'Hope your mom is on her way to recovery, and that the rest of the family is in good health and good spirits. God bless you all! (As usual, I take delight in your liturgy-based Christmas preparations :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marcia! Christmas greetings and blessings to you and your family! We are hanging in there...feeling blessed for all His wonderous gifts.
      I pray the New Year brings much peace, joy and love to your home!

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...