"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Go Greens!

Not only did we switch over to a real green Christmas Tree this past year, I have decided to try out a new delivery system for fresh, organic, local produce.




This second-generation, organic farm is delivering the good (healthy) stuff to my door!  I remember, as a child, having our milk delivered, and the "bread man" brought his van of freshly baked breads once a week...ohhh mannn.  So good!

So why have I hesitated for so long?  It just seems so extravagant.  But, really, it is not.  So, after some good thought (and prayer), I decided to give it a try.  So far, so great!



Growing up, our family of nine had little to spare, but my mother was brilliant at managing a household and keeping us fed by using the services available...you see, she didn't drive.  We didn't have a second car...

We would walk to the library, walk to the Paul's Meat Market downtown and walk to school.  We were healthy and wise...not so much materially wealthy, but very much wealthy in family love and goodness and God.

When I see fresh farm grown produce from small family farms, it reminds me of how great God really is...and I am thankful and I am amazed.  We are blessed by Him.

I am hoping to keep a good meal planning calendar this year...as part of my 2016 resolutions.  The healthy greens are forcing helping me plan ahead and use what I have at hand.  Soups have made a comback in my home, they are easy and delicious.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Share it here...