"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Sunday, January 31, 2016

I {heart} Valentine's Day

Joining Like Mother, Like Daughter for some pretty, happy, funny and real times...
~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~

&



{pretty}

Every year we take a moment to celebrate our saints during the month of February...including (but in no way limited to):  St. Blaise, St. Scholastica, and St. Valentine.  St. Valentine's Day falls on a Sunday this year...four days after Ash Wednesday or after the Lenten season begins.  So I am decorating with Purple Hearts for February and the liturgical season.  I just happened to have these decortions in my decor box.  Simple and perfect.



{happy}


Fresh flowers make me happy.  I am loving my new Fresh Farms delivery system and I noticed I can also tag on fresh cut flowers...so I ordered some lavendar for the home.  I placed a bunch in the guest bathroom, and some in my kitchen.  This small thing brings a little bit of happiness to the room.  They have lasted a long time, and as they dry out the fragrance becomes more intense.  Lovely.

{funny}

Trust me.  Funny was going on here.
This pup is always amusing us with her sassy behavior.
Princess Popcorn = Funny.
She is getting ready to pounce the big dog.  Why?   She thinks She's the alpha.

{real}

We have been blessed with a lot of rain.  Much, much needed rain.  Our lakes are filling up and our hills have turned from brown golden to green.
Thanks be to God!





Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter to find more contentment...

4 comments:

  1. I love your purple heart wreath. So pretty and liturgically appropriate ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...it was a good find for sure. :o)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for joining! The vase with the lavender -- so simple and perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Share it here...