"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Emotional Noise

Have you ever heard the saying...

CLUTTER IS LIKE EMOTIONAL NOISE

I have been chipping away at all my clutter.  I do not have an elaborate system, but I do have motivation...and that is key.



 My motivation is to gain some quiet to my eyes and ultimately peace to my mind and soul.  I hope to relieve myself from all the noisy clutter, without comprimising my spiritual peace.

"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed.  Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."  ~ Luke 10:41-42

I truly enjoy reading about all the ways to De-Clutter and Organize.  I LOVE to read about and see pictures of neat and tidy rooms and how they got to be that way.

Lent is my time to de-clutter.  Exterior and interior de-cluttering.
It is never ending, and I understand that, and so I persevere...with cheerfulness (or so I try).

a FRACTION of our bookshelves...


Working from my wardrobe/closet, to school supply closets, to bookshelves to our garage...there is far too much clutter in all these spaces.
I filled up 4 containers of recyclables...

Some time ago, I purchased a couple inexpensive organizers for my closet space and some inexpensive drawer organizers.  I have a lot of baskets (part of my clutter dilemma) which I used to help organize my socks, PJ's and other multiple small piece items.

I like to organize my wardrobe by color.  Yes, I have too many scarves; my other obsession.
Scarves in baskets...I have used this combo for years...now we must part.  If I see it, I use it.  If I don't use it, I give it away.

Quickly changing out my February Decor to the new March month...

Goodbye February...you were lovely!  Even with the extra day, you were far too fast.

This is a time for quiet and reflection.  Away with the emotional noise.


Enter...Spiritual Peace.



Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect
Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/buzzvine/7-bible-verses-showing-the-importance-of-quiet-time-with-god-124540/#AlEFSYAbQA5lZoHe.99
"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."   ~ Romans 12:2






2 comments:

  1. This is exactly what I need to read. Thanks, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, friend.
      Have a peaceful day!

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...