"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Weekly Weekday Wardrobe: Mid Winter

Taking the wonder out of my mornings...

credit: MemeMaker

My wardrobe is really nothing special.  I probably have a lot of the same items as most people...however, I tend to often wear the same pieces over and over again.



This post has been helping me to use the clothes I have and to mix them up a bit.  To my fellow "active wear" people, I challenge you to dress yourself for a week.  Get out of those sweats, workout clothes and pjs and increase your productivity.  Dress for success!  Yes, it does require effort and thought.  Try it, and let me know if you see or feel a difference.

MONDAY
Start casual:  White tee or shirt, black jeans.  Throw on a vest.  Add a scarf.  Pull on some boots.  Done.

TUESDAY
It takes as much effort to throw on this sweater as it does a sweatshirt, or robe.  Match with black jeans, white jeans, blue jeans or leggings...I was trying on different accessories.  I liked how the silver looked, but preferred the length of the gold & black.

WEDNESDAY

Mid week:  We have several things going on this day, so a little more effort is needed.  Not really, if you throw on a sweater and jeans.  Change the look with different boots.  The faux checked shirt & grey sweater are one item that I bought for $14.99 and have washed about 7 times.  It is still holding up nicely.

THURSDAY

Reward casual today:  This is my cheating attire.  It feels like pjs or "active wear".  The black 'jeans' are totally faux, almost leggings.  The top is a hoodie with pockets and long enough to (appropriately) cover.  Add simple earrings, bracelet and a necklace and you can go grocery shopping, to the library or dentist appointments guilt free.

FRIDAY
Typically on Fridays I like to dress pretty casual...well, most days I dress casual.  But occasionally, I have plans to attend something, or be somewhere or hope to have a date night with my hubby.  With this Winter White sweater and extra long shirt I would wear white or grey jeans.  I could also wear a black skirt and use it for Sunday Mass.

Marcia over at Imperfectly Living a Dream has really inspired me to dress well, for my family, my husband, my work and vocation and myself.
I am getting ready for the day and all that I am called to do...

Other WWW posts:
November Early Autumn

"And the Lord God made for Adam and his wife, garments of skin, and clothed them."  ~ Genesis 3:7, 21

(Because if it is mentioned in scripture, I sit up and take notice)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Share it here...