"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Monday, January 21, 2013

~ Resolutions ~

"Much peace have they that love thy law,
and to them there is no stumbling block."
                                                                                                        ~  Psalm 118:165

For years, "Simplicity" has been our family motto. 
Actually, ever since our first pilgrimage to Rome (over nine years ago - when Little Lamb was just a baby), one of our guiding principles has been to live a life of Simplicity. 

Fresh from the bakery.  Simply delicious!
 
We have used "Simplicity" for years because we were (and still are) trying to achieve a Simpler Life.  It takes time to shed from all "stuff" that we have taken on from over the years. 

We live in a world of many distractions.  Where even "good works" can be a distraction from our real vocation in life. 

The simple fact is, My vocation is to be a wife and a mother.  And my vocation should take priority above all other good works. 


With life flying by, and so many distractions to keep us from our true goal - we need to stay focused on what is truly important.  Focused on what we were created for:

To KNOW, LOVE, and SERVE Him, in this world; so that we may be with Him in Heaven for all eternity.


For last year's Resolutions, I borrowed from St. Elizabeth Seton's  resolves.

This year, I have been soul searching to find what direction I (we) should be headed. 
I first thought that it should be Faith, since we are in the Year of Faith.  But I was not settled with Faith alone.  I felt that I was being prompted to work on something in addition to growing in my Faith...
I love the little hints that He lays in front of us for us to pick up on.  To give a sense of where we are and where we should be going...

I'm being somewhat vague here, because this is my (general) Family Journal, and not my personal journal...So, even though I still haven't completed all my resolutions (maybe I should work on procrastination - lol) I will, at least, state our family motto:

Peace.

Peace in the home, peace in our souls, and peace in our hearts. 
A quiet heart.  A simple heart.  A peaceful heart.

As a mother, I think we are the ones in the family that are always trying to keep the peace.

Peace and Quiet, they go hand in hand.  lol. But they are not always there. 
So how does one obtain peace?

That is what I hope to find achieve this year - 2013.  A peaceful heart, so that I can know, love and serve Him...and share this *peace* with my family - my husband and my children.

And may God's grace and peace be with us all this year!

"LORD, you establish peace for us;
all that we have accomplished you have done for us."
~  Isaiah 26:12

2 comments:

  1. Peace is one of the most beautiful words that I know, and one of the loftiest goals. God bless you and your family this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marcia, and may God bless you and your family as well!

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...