"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Thursday, August 15, 2013

~ {pretty, happy, funny, real} : August Week III 2013 ~

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~
Every Thursday at Like Mother, Like Daughter
 
{pretty}

 
Once again, it was my turn to prepare the flowers for the sanctuary.
I found some {pretty} roses...I love the assortment of pastel colors mixed with the BIG bold white chrysanthemums (One for each Person:  Father, Son & Holy Spirit)
 
{happy}

Happy Birthday!  Perfect way to celebrate & give thanks!
A very {happy} Birthday to my son's (and our family) friend who turned sixteen this month.
To celebrate his birthday, he invited my son and another friend to serve the Holy Mass with him and his older brother.
They are all pictured here (The 'birthday boy' is the first server on the left and Conductor is third from the left).  They all went out to lunch after the Mass...
Future priest...? Let's pray.  God's will be done.

 
{funny}

I received this cookbook as a wedding gift, over 23 years ago!  It is now held together by rubber bands.  :o)

 
{real}
 
 
This is what it looks like when I *release* the bands...
It has helped me tremendously in the earlier years of my domestic pleasures.
I have no intention of getting rid of this tattered book useful tool anytime soon.
 
 
Go to Like Mother, Like Daughter to find more contentment...
 
Also,
Linking up to Catholic Bloggers Network
2013 Monthly Link-Up Blitz


6 comments:

  1. What a touching way to celebrate a birthday! Your son is so blessed to be in such a company.

    Your cook book reminds me of the Velveteen Rabbit :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Velveteen Rabbit...the book we own is worn as well, sans the rubber-bands. :o)

      Have a wonderful day, Marcia!

      Delete
  2. I just read about manhood and alter serving in Anthony Esolens book. Thank you for sharing that picture it is so inspiring! Praying for an increase in vocations! God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie! I will have to look for that book; it sounds like something worth investing in.

      God's grace to your day...

      Delete
  3. Praying for the future priest! Perhaps two or three ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Share it here...