"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

~ Preparing for Lent ~

Making way for the Purple...

It seems like I just put away my Christmas decorations...hey, wait, I did just put away my Christmas decorations...

Now it is time to start thinking about Lent, which is only 15 days away!




Since my oldest two are now in high school, I have been searching for some "age appropriate" ideas for LIVING LENT.  



We will certainly turn to our Lenten Traditions of Fasting, Alms-giving and Prayer, however, I would like to find something that my oldest two will find meaningful...something that will "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." ~ Psalm 51:10.  


Station of the Cross 2013 project


We are a very close family, and we have always actively lived the liturgical seasons as a family.  Taking time out of our day to live and pray the season together, even for a moment, is a tradition that I would like to keep alive in my home.
We shouldn't outgrow traditions, not even if my children have grown taller than me!  lol.  Traditions give us a certain closeness or unity, they also create memories for us.
Traditions teach us our Faith.  As a family, we should live our Faith together.  
I believe that God's grace and peace resides in a home that keeps true to his Traditions.
"For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you..." ~ 1Cor 11:23



So, I was thinking...maybe some Lenten Fireside Chats or BookClub style discussions or maybe viewing a DVD series (and engaging in a study program together) like Catholicism, which we have owned for several years.  Maybe it is time to revisit this beautiful work...


Sharing our Faith.  Growing in Faith.  
Living our Faith. 

Family style, if you will.

Last year's Shrove Tuesday King Cake

I know one tradition that my children still look forward to...
This year we will be using the King Arthur Gluten-Free version...it is my absolute favorite!



2 comments:

  1. I wish you and your family a blessed Lent Season.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! A blessed Lent Season to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Share it here...