"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

A Simple Woman's Daybook: June 2015

~ A Simple Woman's Daybook ~
I am joining Hostess Peggy and friends over at The Simple Woman

For Today... June 3, 2015
______________________________

Outside my window...Beautiful blue skies, with white wispy clouds, and plenty of birds chattering.  Spring is definitely here. 


I am thinking...of completing the school year.
Remembering when it all started, 10 months ago.  Time flies, savor the day!



I am wearing...with jeans, this soft cotton shirt and these shoes.
The shirt is actually from the men's department,
but it was on clearance and I loved the color!

I am reading...The Knights Hospitaller, by Helen Nicholson

I am hoping...to clean out my closets & garage this summer.  Hoping.

I am learning...to live each day joyfully.

In my garden...I am changing out a rose tree in a pot.  The original rose tree died several months ago, and the other existing one is not looking too healthy.  I hope it does well in this California drought.  These roses are kept on my front porch, so I tend to forget to water these potted plants.  Any suggestions?




In my kitchen...Baked brie and Sun Tea.  I have to say we have had a lot of yummy-ness taking place in our kitchen.  However, not a lot of time to document or journal about it here.  I love to share recipes as much as I love to read them.  And I apologize for not showing an "after" picture of the baked brie...people were hungry and my camera was not within grabbing distance.  Take my word for it, it was delicious.  I will be sure to post about it, something this easy and this good deserves to be placed in my Favorite Recipes and Tasty Traditions spot.

The Blackberry Sage Sun Tea is a favorite.  One is sweetened with raw honey, the other left unsweetened.  Served over ice, both are fantastic. 



In the homeschooling room...Finals week for the two high schooled and still catching up for the Fifth grader.  I am relieved that I have already registered my three for the Fall.  We are using Kolbe Academy for the thirteenth year.  I love Kolbe!  St. Maximilian Kolbe, pray for us!  St. Ignatius of Loyola, pray for us!


A favorite quote for today..."If angels could be jealous of men, they would be so for one reason:  Holy Communion."  ~ St. Maximilian Kolbe


One of my favorite things...Sisters working together for others.

God's grace to your days...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Share it here...