"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Friday, June 26, 2015

Coastal Happy Times

Joining Like Mother, Like Daughter for some pretty, happy, funny and real times...
~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~

{pretty}

It was a beautiful day at Half Moon Bay!
The fog cleared up nicely and let the beautiful blue sky surround us.
World's Greatest Dad, pictured in center


We took a spontaneous trip to the Bay and had a blast!  It has been a while since we have visited the California coast; I really love to just walk along the beach and take in the cool air and fresh breeze.  We vowed to return again...soon.

The fresh seafood is reason alone to take the beautiful scenic drive.  I enjoyed my crab sandwich and we shared the oysters on a half shell.


{happy}

Father's Day!
Thank you dear husband for being a wonderful father!  You are, in our eyes, the world's greatest dad!  We celebrated with a BBQ with family and taking a trip to the coast (see above).  A GREAT weekend for a GREAT DAD.


Thank you to the fathers everywhere, for being courageous and steadfast in your role as leader and protector of the family, as St. Joseph was for the Holy Family.
Fathers - We Need You!  We Appreciate You!  We love You!
We Thank You!


{funny} {funny} {funny}

When I was vintage & thrift shopping with my mom & my girls,
this sign appeared...
So, of course I immediately took a pic and sent it to my hubby.  Ha-ha.
He never responded. 

The Man-boys Summer Job...he is loving it.  Conductor started working the day following his trip to the East Coast.  For the past several years, he has worked as a volunteer caring for the small animals, and working in the Science Exhibit at the County Fair.  This is the first year that he is getting paid to do this...

I am pretty sure he would do this for free.

This picture is of thousands of crabs washing ashore in Newport Beach on Monday...apparently warm ocean waters brought them this way.
Source unknown 
Speaking of invaders...

{real}

Update on our newest guests...the House Finch Family
Their down feathers are rapidly being replaced by quills. 
Yep.  That's a bunch of bird poop surrounding the nest.  Yuck.
If those little birdies weren't so dang cute and helpless...

Needless to say, I will be throwing out the door wreath, and disinfecting my door (once they fly the coop).

Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter to find more contentment...

6 comments:

  1. Really wonderful photos Hand-Maid. It's as if we were with you by the sea. All those crabs on the beach !!!

    Do you know why they walk sideways? It's line-dancing as they sing "Oh I do love to be beside the seaside!" (Old English joke).

    The finches look cute. Have you named them yet?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cary Grant sings that song in one of his movies, but I cannot recall the name.

      Oh, I have names for the finches all right...

      God bless, Victor, and thank you for visiting.

      Delete
    2. Sylvia Scarlett - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjebfmpbrEw

      God bless.

      Delete
    3. Wonderful!! Grant was dancing just like a crab! Thanks for the name of the movie, I think I will rent it and watch it with my family.
      Blessings...

      Delete
  2. Oh My Goodness----beautiful pics!!

    Those crabs---how fascinating

    Thanks for sharing and God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Share it here...