"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Jubilant Silver Jubilee - {p,h,f,r} style

for some pretty, happy, funny and real times...
                         ~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~

{pretty}

I was able to take a few photos before our guests arrived.  The decor was simple...just the way I like it!  My children planned and organized this celebration and did a grand job!  I am so proud of them!



{happy}
Photo courtesy of a fellow parishioner - thank you D.S.
Our marriage was blessed during the Trinity Sunday Mass.  This is us receiving the Body and Blood of Christ.  Keeping Christ as the center of a marriage is essential. I am so thankful that my husband and I share the same Christian Faith.  And I am thankful for God's grace and constant mercy.  
My husband and I sanctify one another.  
We are to help one another get to heaven...the Sacrament of Marriage gives us the sanctifying grace needed and we implore God's blessings on our union to keep each other faithful, and to raise our children in his Truth.
Thank you, God, for blessing our marriage.
There was plenty of good wine and good food...and the youth danced...

...I really enjoyed talking with all our guests, as I did not have to fuss or worry about anything.  My son gave the toast and I could not have been more proud of all three of my children.  
I am trying not to cry...(take another sip, Val!)

{funny}
When my daughter and I went to order the our cake, we saw this cake on display.  It was incredibly detailed and exquisite, however, I am not sure what it represented.  Perhaps it is for someone that has a shoe obsession?  It looks to be from the Victorian era.  The shoe-box cake was ingenious.
Here is another...
That's me (in the background) with my patriotic phone cover.
Another angle of the Victorian Shoe Cake...

Maybe this is for a bridal shower?  Regardless, it is brilliant.  
I want to cut the cake open...

{real}

I continue to digest all that happened during our pilgrimage to Lourdes, France.

Here is little post I placed on my G+ a few weeks ago...I forgot to post it here on my blog.  (A man with two watches really never knows what time it is)

Pilgrimage to Lourdes, Part Two:  Settling In
Getting acquainted with the layout...We had time to walk around and get a lay of the land, visit shops, and grab a quick cup of cafe (much needed after a full day of travel).



The red path on the road was one we traveled several times a day to cart the brancardiers carrying our beloved malades.



St. Joseph's Gate

Entrance to the Domain


Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter to find more contentment...


2 comments:

Have a thought? Share it here...