"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Monday, September 7, 2015

A Simple Woman's Daybook: September 2015



I am joining Hostess Peggy over at The Simple Woman

For Today...September 7, 2015




Outside my window...
          my parents sitting together enjoying the sunshine and peace.

I am thankful...
          to be able to care for my aging parents.

I am wearing...
Jeans & lace...


I am reading...
          Laudato si

I am hoping...
          for a fruitful school year!  We (my 6th grader and I) officially begin tomorrow, Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary;  my (two) high school children began their studies 2 weeks ago.  

In my garden...
Credit goes to my mom, Sara

In my kitchen...
Labor Day BBQ ribs (splurge)...compliments of the hubby.

In the home schooling room...
I love school supplies, files, calendars, ...

One of my favorite things...
OK, two...


A favorite quote for today...
          "Without the burden of afflictions it is impossible to reach the height of grace.  The gifts of grace increase as the struggles increase."  ~ St. Rose of Lima

God's grace to your days...




2 comments:

  1. Love your photos - what cute dogs!! And oh, the food looks amazing - I shouldn't be blog hopping this close to lunch time, lol...
    Hope you have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anita! Have a wonderful week as well...thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...