"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Autumn Changes

Joining Like Mother, Like Daughter for some pretty, happy, funny and real times...
~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~

{pretty}
This pretty white rose is from my the garden.  My mom is now taking great care of the plants.  She enjoys cutting the flowers and bringing them into the house.
I love that.
What a difference a little flower can make in a room.



{happy}

Signs of Autumn make me happy.
I love the changes of Autumn,
and we have plenty of changes around the house these days.


{funny}

The dogs can no longer run walk through the house as they can be a tripping hazard.  So they, too, have to adjust to a new lifestyle these days.



Don't feel too sorry for them, they have a pretty sweet life.  They, too, have to adjust and sacrifice like the rest of the family.  They actually get more treats than ever before...grandma & grandpa have a soft spot for them.  (Which kinda adds to the over active excitement & tail wagging when they see the grandparents).

{real}

We don't usually have a pedestal sink in our dining room.  Nor is the pretty claw foot tub in my parking spot wanted any longer.  Something practical, accessible, functional and safe is what we want and need.


Removing all the rugs, re-arranging the furniture, moving in and moving out certain pieces to make the house livable for my parents.  That is our real.

Our house has been in construction mode for the past 6+ weeks as we remodel and make the bathrooms more accessible for my aging parents.  My husband is quite the handy-man.  I love him for so many reasons...but completing this work for my parents sake, just makes my heart swell even more with joy and love for him.  I am so thankful.  How am I so blessed?

Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter to find more contentment...


2 comments:

  1. You're moving your parents in with you! We're getting ready to move my husband's father to our home, too, and there is so much to do to make this place livable for all of us. Many sacrifices to be made, too, but I trust that the graces and the blessings will make those seem so small. I'm going to be praying for you especially this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the prayers! We did move my parents into our home, and it has been an adjustment for everyone.
      You are so right about the graces and blessings - God is so good!
      I will be praying for you, Jennie, and your family and your father-in-law. God will provide for all your needs.
      God bless you!!!

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...