"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Thursday, September 3, 2015

~ Family ~

Joining Like Mother, Like Daughter for some pretty, happy, funny and real times...
~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~

{pretty}


We have been enjoying some beautiful flowers, which were gifted to my parents...actually my dad recently suffered a serious and life-altering medical injury.  My mother's health declined shortly after my dad's month long hospital stay.

We moved both my parents into my home so that my family and I could care for them.




{happy}

Signs of life have been sprouting up at my house.  My mother's green thumb has turned our barren pots into a mini-paradise.  We look forward to all the fresh vegetables and herbs that are now flourishing in the garden pots.


We have shared a lot of wonderful meals together.  My daughters and nieces have learned some of the traditional family dishes.  Lots of love and laughter!

It makes me happy to have the extended family visit...now that "the grandparents" reside at our home, we are the magnet house for the rest of the family!  Happy times!!!

The blessings far outweigh any inconveniences.  Life has gotten better, although busier...and yet, we seem to have slowed down a lot more by spending lingering meals together and sharing talks and memories of family and friends.
Life is good.  God is good.
We are blessed.

{real}


We were on our family vacation when I received the news about my dad...actually, the messages did not reach my husband until after my dad's brain surgery.  We were already headed home...soon after, my mom fell very ill and was taken to ER...twice.   I had a chance to pray for them in this beautiful Cathedral in Cork, Ireland.



The following day, we had the most beautiful Holy Mass in  Guernsey, England before returning home to the good 'ol U.S. of A.
Guernsey's St. Joseph and St. Mary Church has a wonderful Choir and they are working very hard to raise funds for their beautiful historic organ; I pray that they raise the funds needed to safeguard the priceless organ.

The people at St. Joseph and St. Mary parish are so amazingly friendly and kind and giving...they even drove us to the port so that we would not miss our tender!  It was quite the experience...(hopefully more about our adventures and trip in a future post).

{funny}

St. Francis of Assisi pillow, front and back.

While cleaning out her closet, my Butterfly found this long lost unfinished craft project...six years later she finally finished (stuffing) it!  I LOVE it!  It reminds me of a time capsule.  Preserved from the past, revealed today.

Well, school days are upon us once again and
we are settling into our routines nicely...our official start of school date is September 8th - The Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary.  All the books have been ordered and have arrived; I have tried to purge the shelves of all the books and binders that are to be retired or passed on...and even though I have SO much more to accomplish, I feel a very strong sense of peace about this school year.

I wish you all a very blessed Autumn season...

Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter to find more contentment...



2 comments:

  1. Praying for your parents and for all your family.

    May God bless and protect you all always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers, they are very much appreciated.
      God bless you and yours.

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...