"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Friday, March 29, 2013

~ Triduum Sacrum ~ Part One: Holy Thursday

Washing of the Feet
I just love this picture...look how humble St. Peter looks...


 Linking up to Catholic Bloggers Network
 
As mentioned here, during Holy Week, all statues of saints, religious art and crucifixes are covered in purple cloth...a sobering atmosphere.
Preparation at home is not as dramatic, but we do cover a few items to emphasize Holy Week and the beginning of the Triduum Sacrum.
The following pictures were taken at my parish on Holy Thursday...

The Tomb of Jesus
Preparing the Altar for Holy Mass of the Lord's Supper...

Washing of Feet...
This year, my husband and son organized several of the altar servers to be "the Twelve".  Those that serve our pastor...were served.  It was very moving.
These young men will be traveling to Rome...pray for vocations!

 
 "He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?”
 
Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.”
 “No,” said Peter, “you shall never wash my feet.”
 
Jesus answered, “Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.”
 “Then, Lord,” Simon Peter replied, “not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!”
 
 
Procession and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament...

 HOLY THURSDAY:  commemorating the day Jesus instituted the Holy Eucharist and Holy Priesthood...


Visit more bloggers at the Catholic Bloggers Link-up Blitz, here.

Don't for get to Check out the Big Clicks Catholic Bloggers for March 2013!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, vocations... we need to pray for our youth.

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Share it here...