"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

~ Artwork for Home Educators ~

Art has been one subject that has really given me a challenge.  Not so much in the younger years, but in the middle school years, and now the high school years.

I've used so many different art programs, books, and classes...trying to teach three grade levels at one time has been, as I mentioned, a challenge.

Last year we began to use The Art of Drawing for Kids - The Gluck Method Fine Art Instruction Series.  It has worked wonderfully!  We were able to cover several different drawing techniques.

Here are a couple drawings, from last year:



I, too, got in on the fun!






Wouldn't this type of pastel drawing fit well in a baby nursery?  I think I may just frame these.  :o)  For my nieces and nephews children...

Well, I'm hoping to continue to use this Art Class for my teens this Fall.  Teen Art Class

But I'm also leaning towards continuing to use the Christian Heritage Art Program with Little Lamb.  Although I've used CHA with my two oldest, my youngest has not yet used this program. 
I like the idea of using an art curriculum program that teaches about  the history and heritage of Christianity.


I'm undecided...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Share it here...