"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Saturday, April 6, 2013

~ She's Fourteen ~

Another birthday has come...Our Butterfly is turning 14!!!

(cliche alert)  IT SEEMS LIKE JUST YESTERDAY she became a teenager...but already another year has flown by!

When I asked her what she would like to do for her birthday...a special dinner out, party (like last year), friends, family, cake...???  All she wanted was a hand-made dinner at home with her family.  Her requested menu?  This:

Orange Chicken
California Ranch Rice
Fresh Spinach

and for her dessert.....Apple Pie a la mode.

So after decorating the house during the night, she woke up to this...
 


Butterfly's dinner request happens to be a favorite of all three of my children (knowing everyone will be happy), she's sweet that way.  She's gentle and kind...and thoughtful.





I cheated on the pie...but maybe it's for the best.  It tasted great!  (home-made pies are not my forte).  We used candles that stay lit after you blow them out...ha!  They made a lot of smoke, I finally had to douse them in a glass of water...I reached for the closest one (my husband's).  :p










These are the gifts she found after our traditional Birthday Treasure Hunt...Books, books, books! Vintage Lone Ranger books...and that's not all...but
That's one happy girl!



WE LOVE YOU SWEET DAUGHTER!!! 
HAPPY FOURTEENTH!!! 
GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU ALWAYS!!!
 

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your daughter, she sounds like such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rhonda! She has a gentle spirit.

      Delete
  2. Happy, happy birthday, Butterfly! Have fun with those Lone Ranger treasures :-)

    I am so blessed for having you around! I have an April "baby" too, and you have given me a TON of ideas for her birthday. Thank you, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very blessed and happy birthday to your April baby!!! We have a lot in common...I wish we were neighbors; we could swap ideas over a cup of tea.

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...