"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Thursday, April 4, 2013

~ phfr ~ Easter in April

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~


Every Thursday at Like Mother, Like Daughter
 
{pretty}

Are not these tulips {pretty}!?!  These were in my dear mother-in-laws garden bed...all pretty and perky for  a lovely Easter Sunday afternoon.  You could not have orchestrated a more beautiful showing!
 
 
{happy}
 
Birthday Blessings for Butterfly...make for a very {happy} Day!!!
Gifts all ready for the traditional Birthday Gift Treasure Hunt...
 
It seems like just yesterday that she turned a TEEN.
 
{funny}
 
 
And the Easter Excitement continues at the Annual Easter Egg Hunt at *the other grandparents*.  We are SO blessed to have both to share...
{funny} that not even the rain stopped the Hunt!  Everyone slipped out of their Easter finery and donned some serious *hunting for eggs* comfy clothes.  In between the torrents of rain that swept over our party...they made a break to gather some eggs. 
"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"  ~ USPS *creed*
Bring on the mud!  (I loved how the girls tipped-toed around the wet grass, while their little cousin stomped right through the entire yard...mud, what mud!?)
 
{real}
 
This is a {real} temptation for me...I just LOVE See's chocolates!  Thankfully they were a gift to my daughter and not to me...otherwise...!
 
Go to Like Mother, Like Daughter to find more contentment...

4 comments:

  1. Lovely shots, Valerie!!
    Thanks for sharing a glimpse of your family's life this Easter!
    I went over to your son's bday post as well....looks like you had such fun! He's a lucky boy!

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chris. I'm finding that journaling my family's events here have been paying off...now we can look back in an instant, especially because life is so swift. And we can share with family and friends that are far away...
      Have a blessed Easter Season with your beautiful family!

      Delete
  2. I can stare at those tulips the whole day! And such a festive table arrangement! I have an April "baby", too, and I think I will go ahead and borrow some ideas, especially the floral arrangement and the Easter egg-and-candle table piece. Thank you in advance, dear :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were so excited that this year our April "baby's" birthday didn't land in Lent, yay!
      I was so impressed by the tulips...my few that came up lost their petals days before Easter!

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...